Thursday 18 August 2011

One (almost) down, four (ish) to go!

Hey guys! It's almost done! I only need to do the flooring and that room is 100% complete. We've tweaked bits here and there so here's a quick run-down:

Stairs

In my last post, I said that my grandad was going to cut a bit of the dado rail away to allow the stairs to sit perfectly against the wall- well, taaaadaaaa!




A word of warning


I honestly don't know where I'd be without my grandad (in life, as well as DIY). I thought it seemed odd that he hadn't measured the dado and skirting right up to the edge until he explained that if he had done, we wouldn't be able to shut the door! It had totally not occurred to me! Anyway, here's a photo so you can see what I mean:

Many apologies for the picture quality; I'm still using my phone!



Skirting


Ah, the chicken and egg scenario. What comes first- the flooring or the skirting? I posed that very question to the Dolls House Emporium message boards but went ahead and did my own thing before remembering to see what everyone had put. Naturally, 100% of replies stated flooring and what had I chosen to do? Yup, you guessed it. Skirting. Oh well, some things never change!



Almost Completed!










Yey!

No comments:

Post a Comment