Saturday 16 April 2011

A house in progress!


Hello everyone!


Welcome to my newest follower- Alennka! :D


Here is the Curiosity Shop as it currently stands! The brickwork on the front is finished- I'm aware there's gaps but they're meant to be there- you'll see why soon enough!


Last night I sat and painted all the window frames then realised most Edwardian windows were white...silly me. It made me think though, does my shop have to be Edwardian? I chose that era because it's one I've never really studied before (hence my mistake) but now I'm thinking maybe I'm going to do my house based on the things I love. It's still going to have strong Victorian influences which will lead into Edwardian because I love the Victorian era. The brown frames are born out of inspiration from my grandparents house...my favourite place in the world.


Let me know what you do with your own houses- do you strictly stick to a certain era? Or simply go where the wind takes you?


Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment